Check this Outage Map to see a visual of the areas affected by any current outages.
In the event of a power outage please follow these procedures:
- Check all circuit breakers, fuses and other controls to be sure that the problem is not with your equipment.
- Call a neighbor to find out if they have power.
- Call Claverack at 1-800-326-9799 or 570-265-2167 to report power outages and have your account number or phone number available. Please do not use Facebook or email to report power outages.
- Leave your freezer shut. Food will stay frozen longer if the door remains closed.
- Turn off all major appliances (ovens, electric heaters, washers/dryers, water heaters, etc.) until power is restored to your area.
- Leave some lights on in your home so you can tell when power is restored.
- About 10 minutes after power is restored, gradually turn your appliances back on.
Tune in to local media for outage updates during widespread outages; Claverack will regularly send bulletins to television and radio stations throughout the co-op’s service territory. During widespread outages or outages that may last for extended periods of time, we also post updates on this website through our Facebook feed. Please "LIKE" Claverack REC to receive notifications to your Facebook account.
Be sure to have a portable radio and fresh batteries available, as well as bottled water, medications and non-perishable food items.
Use the outage map link at the top of this page to see detailed information on outages in our service territory.